So, here are the long and awaited pictures of Izzy's room. Before, half way through and after.
The first 2 pictures are of CJ's artwork on the wall (with some help from Grandpa Kurt). Yes, we let him write on the wall, why not? It was being covered by the bead board, and he enjoyed it!
The first 2 pictures are of CJ's artwork on the wall (with some help from Grandpa Kurt). Yes, we let him write on the wall, why not? It was being covered by the bead board, and he enjoyed it!
I just realized that I really didn't take too many before pictures of the different angles of the room, however you get the basic idea.
Here is a view of the bead board and the chair rail all done.
The wood was so pretty that we wanted to just stain it a natural color so that you could see the grain and knots in the wood. We used real wood, not the fake MDF stuff. However, since we were painting the top half pink, there was no stain that we could find that would look good with the pink, so we continued on with the original plan of painting the bead board white.
And the finished product!! The pink is a bit brighter than I thought it was going to be, but I like it! And once we get everything in there it will look fine.
Anyways, there you go. All painted and cute! I love having a girl!!!
Thanks goes to Dad & Barbara for the gift of the bead board & chair rail! Also, thanks Dad for taking the time to put up the bead board and chair rail! I really do appreciate it! Thank you to Mikkel & Kindra for the gift of the paint and painting supplies! You guys are awesome! And thanks again Mom & Doug for the changing table! I absolutely love it!!
2 comments:
Wow! It looks great! It's amazing what a little paint and TLC can do!
So that's what bead board is! Her room is so cute. Now I am just waiting for rendezvous pictures...
Post a Comment