Monday, April 16, 2007

5 Random Facts

So, I guess I got "tagged", as Ashley says...and I am to list 5 random facts about myself

Random Facts

1. My husband and I were born in the same hospital, on the same day, year and month. We are only a few hours apart and our mom's were in the same recovery room. Our dad's grew up together so we have known each other our whole lives.

2. I am a collector of anything and everything Cinderella, and now that I have a little girl, her room will adorn my collection of Cinderella stuff. Isn't she lucky? After all, she is our little princess and since she is my mini-me, why not turn her onto Cinderella as well?! And to think that it all started with a Halloween costume when I was little. I will have to find the picture and post it.

3. My Hubby & I are basically Debt-Free, minus the house!! How many people can say that? No car payments, no credit cards, no RC Willey accounts, no Best Buy accounts, no nothing!! This is something that absolutely makes our marriage better! Whoo Hoo!!

4. I have what people would call Flinstone feet. Yes...that is what I said and what you read...Flinstone feet, as in Fred Flinstone. They are basically square...my toes are all the same length, my feet are wide and short, and I love them, yes I may complain saying that I have to buy the wide width shoes, but they are comfortable. Why would you want to buy narrow shoes that hurt your feet anyway??

5. I don't really like to wear skirts....yet, I wear them when I go camping! (the only other time I wear a skirt is to church). Why, you ask, does she wear skirts camping?? Well...I don't camp normal...I go camping at the Mountain Man Rendezvous! I love Mountain Man Rendezvous!! They are a blast! We go every Easter to Fort Buenaventura in Ogden, Utah. And every Labor Day to Fort Bridger just outside of Evanston, Wyoming. This year we are going to go to a new one held up at This Is The Place Heritage Park in SLC, Utah. We dress up in pre-1840 clothing, around the fur-trade era. We sleep in tee-pees or canvas wall tents...all primitive. It is like stepping back in time...to a simpler time. Or so it would seem. It is so much fun! Nice and relaxing!!

Well, there ya go...some random facts...Enjoy!

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

I love your 5 random facts! All of them good!

I love that you are so passionate about mountain man rendezvous. We have talked about it on more than one occasion. I would really like to see pictures of the experience (all the people dressed in 1840's attire).

I also didn't know that you were so interested in Cinderella. One of my favorite musicals is 'The Slipper and the Rose.' My husband HATES it (it is a little on the cheesy side), but I can't help myself...it's so cute! Also, one of my all-time favorite books is 'Cinderella' retold and illustrated by Hilary Knight. I LOVE his drawings! They are so beautiful! Definitely check it out from the library, or better yet purchase it on amazon or e-bay.

And lastly, kudos to you on being debt free! How on earth did you manage that one?! It must be wonderful to be able to sleep soundly at night. I'm proud of you!

Blog Archive