Monday, October 29, 2007

Canning & Dehydrating

About a week ago I canned some applesauce. Yes, I had some help seeing as this was a 1st time for me! (Thanks Maddy!) My dad has a house in lehi with a huge apple tree, so one day we went and got bags and bags of apples. We made some applesauce and canned it. I ended up with 9 jars of applesauce & 3 jars of apple juice! So Yummy!! I also dehydrated some apples! Those are way Yummy! CJ also helped. As you can see in the pictures below he helped turn the strainer which separates the apples from the skin and making it into the applesauce.

These are my beautiful jars of applesauce and apple juice!! Izzy loves the applesauce and CJ loves the juice! I love both!

Here are the dehydrated apples. We have a food saver so once they were done we sealed them up into a food saver bag! Which was a good thing otherwise they would be ALL GONE!! I have another bucket full of apples that I need to peel, core & slice so that I can make some more of these delicious apples!

2 comments:

Adam and Dani said...

This reminds me of when we use to have to pick cherries and help Maddy can.

Miss Megan said...

Kudos to you! That looks involved and time-consuming. But it feels so good when you're all done, right? Yeah for free apples, food storage, and being domestic!

Blog Archive