Thursday, December 6, 2007

Christmas Countdown Chain

For FHE this past monday we made a Christmas countdown chain. Almost every night CJ asks if santa is going to come. Each night I tell him the same thing, No, not tonight, You still have a few more weeks. So, to help him understand better we made the chain. That way he can visually see how many days he has left. We put the chain up on the tree and each day after he comes home from school, he rips of the current date from the chain. My plan is to do some sort of activity each day..hasn't quite happened but we are working on it.


2 comments:

NutMeg said...

I love this time of year! I can't wait until Peter is old enough to understand how exciting everything is: from Santa, the tree, music, and toys. It just doesn't get any better than Christmas! CJ looks like he is enjoying himself, and now he can say that he officially wants a front tooth for Christmas!

Adam and Dani said...

I totally remember doing those chains in school at Valley View! Give big hugs to my CJ monster.

Blog Archive