CJ had tubes put in his ears when he was 3. I took him in this past Monday to have them checked. The tube in his right ear fell out, which they tend to do, and his left one was still in. His ENT (Dr. Heidi Heras, she is the BEST) said that he still needs tubes in so we set up an appointment for him to get both of them done, a new one in the right ear and replacing the one in the left. So Thursday morning was the day. He couldn't have anything to drink or eat after midnight on Wednesday. His appointment was scheduled for 8:15am, so I didn't wake him up until just before we left. He kept telling me he was hungry and wanted something to eat. Poor thing. I dropped Izzy off at Jessica's and off we went. We got there and checked in and he played for a little bit with his cars while we waited. They took us to a room where he changed into a hospital gown with tigers all over it, he didn't care, he did not want it on. He kept telling me he was cold so I tried to put a blanket that was on the bed around him and he didn't want it, he wanted he clothes on. They took him back just after 9, I walked with him up to the double doors...he was sad that I couldn't go with him, but he didn't cry. He was gone for maybe a 1/2 hour, not too long. They did put him out and when he came to he was upset and grumpy, they brought him back in on a bed and he was crying. The poor thing. He couldn't get out of that hospital gown fast enough! He wanted his clothes on. Not only that he wanted his socks and shoes on, he was ready to leave. He got a popsicle and some water. Within 10-15 minutes of them bringing him back in he was back to himself and ready to leave. His Dr. didn't end up replacing the tube in his left ear cause she said it was still in there real tight and that it didn't need to be replaced. So he only had one put in the right ear. He has to go in for a visit every 4 months instead of every 6 months, something to do with the adnoids (sp?), which I won't go into detail right now. Anyway, here are a few pictures of his visit.
In the waiting room...not too thrilled.
In the waiting room...not too thrilled.
In his cute tiger hospital gown, checking out the remote for the tv.
Back from surgery, poor guy was so sad and upset. You can see where they had monitors hooked up, or I should say taped on him. :(
He couldn't get out of that gown fast enough and into his clothes. Poor thing. He was so upset, and what does mommy do, take pictures for the blog and scrapbooking.
3 comments:
He is soo cute! I don't blame him for wanting to get dressed and get the heck out of there! I am glad that he was able to get his tube fixed!
Sorry that I did not go to your jewelry party. I just checked my e-mails. I have been totally out of the whole computer scene! I hope it was a huge success!
My poor little monster. The things his mommy puts him through. :-)
Poor little guy. I actually happen to know Heidi Heras personally (my sister Kelly was her nanny for almost 3 years). She is an amazing woman with an adorable family. Kelly still goes over there and cuts all of their hair...I think they are her only clients that she actually leaves her salon to work on (she won't even do that for me)!!! I hope CJ is feeling better.
Post a Comment