I keep seeing my sister post about this and I keep thinking to myself that I too should. I have no excuse and I would love to help in any way I can, even if it's currently just getting the word out there.My sister has a friend in her ward, who also turns out to be my old boss back in the days of Modus. She is in the process of adopting 2 little kids from Haiti. So far it has been a very long process and she is trying to raise money for the orphanage where her kids currently live. There are some days where the kids only get one meal and most of them are sick and in and out of the hospital. She has created an Etsy store where all items are handmade and ALL proceeds go to helping the children at this orphanage. Please check out her Etsy store here. I also have a "button" on my side bar that if you click on it will also take you to the store. Here is a quick bit of information she has written on the store site:
"We're parents who are in the process of adopting from Haiti. This little store is part of our efforts raise funds to make things a bit better for the children at the Hope for Little Angels of Haiti Orphanage in Port-au-Prince. We're working hard to help our angels have consistent food and medical care while waiting for their forever families at this orphanage.
The proceeds of all sales go to directly to the children at the Hope For Little Angels of Haiti and will help to provide the children with 3 regular meals per day as well as needed medical care."
They have homemade bows & hairthings, knit baby hats, cards, receiving blankets, baby patch quilts, t-shirts with their logo, and handmade banana leaf cards made by individuals in Haiti. Any purchase made will be helpful.
3 comments:
Hey thanks for the info. What a good thing!
Headda Marie!!!
Thanks for sharing, I will definitely check it out!
Post a Comment