Thursday, March 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

Ya, I'm a little late on this aren't I? It's all good, I guess better late then never. Beware it's picture overload & includes pretty much ALL Christmas activities.


DECORATING THE CHRISTMAS TREE
Normally I decorate the tree the day after Thanksgiving. Not this time. I had a hard time getting into it. I don't think we got the tree up & decorated it a week or two before Christmas. Here are some pictures of the kids decorating the tree. As you can see most of the ornaments ended up on the bottom half of the tree. Normally, this would drive me crazy & I would have to fix it. But I didn't. I put a few of my ornaments on the top and that was that.
Decorate Tree



FLEGAL FAMILY CHRISTMAS PARTY
Every year my dad's family has a Christmas party. The last couple years they have done a breakfast. Always yummy! And of course Santa comes, the same one every year! My kids aren't too fond of most Santa's they see but this Santa without fail they LOVE!! They always run up to him & give him hugs! Since it was on a Saturday morning Clark wasn't able to go since he works but the kids and I went. Here are a few pictures from the party.
Flegal Party



CHRISTMAS CHURCH CLOTHES
This year I got both kids new church clothes for Christmas as well as new church shoes that they both needed badly. What a couple of cute kids!!



CHRISTMAS EVE DAY
Christmas Eve day we went to Grandma Maddy's for lunch and then went sledding. Both of my kids LOVE sledding!! They had a blast! Izzy hung out with Jessica's girls most of the time. I thought I was going to have to help her up the hill every time but I didn't. Both kids did their own thing and I didn't have to worry about a thing.
Christmas Eve Day Sledding

After sledding we headed back to the house and had hot chocolate & penguin cupcakes. I think the kids had too much fun with the black frosting! Then it was present time. CJ got a mini nerf football and Izzy got some Littlest Pet Shops..which she LOVES!! It was a fun day!
Christmas Eve Day Sledding



CHRISTMAS EVE
That evening we had Brent & Rachel over like we did last year. We just hung out, ate some good food & watched movies. I think it might have even been that night that Rachel & I made our Gingerbread houses. Which of course I didn't get any pictures of. This is the 2nd year we have done gingerbread houses...little does she know that it is going to be a tradition with the 2 of us! Brent also helped putting the art easel togetger. The year before he helped with Izzy's doll stroller & swing. Now, these items aren't hard to put together, Clark or I could do it..but I don't think Brent minds..I think he wants to and likes it. Which is fine by me! :) The kids love their Uncle Brent & of course Aunt Rachel!

Here is our pretty tree (with my new Angel) & the Art easel the kids got from Santa.
The kids presents & stockings from Santa & the remnants of the milk & cookies for Santa, & of course the magic key that Santa uses to get in the house since we don't have a chimney.
More Christmas



CHRISTMAS DAY
Christmas morning the kids woke up and we opened presents and made Egg Souffle for breakfast, delicious as always! Grandpa Kurt came to visit and then we went over to the In-Laws for dinner. (which of course I didn't get pictures of)
Christmas Presents

CJ helped with breakfast by buttering the bread for the souffle. He doesn't look too happy. I think he got in trouble or something. :( So sad, but he did do a good job!

It was a good Christmas. I wish I had gotten more pictures of family and what not. I have gotten terrible with picture taking lately. I need to just take TONS...that's the beauty of a digital camera...I can take TONS and not have to worry about processing the bad ones, only the ones I want...when I want them. :)

3 comments:

Adam and Dani said...

Please give me access to your flickr account so that I can copy the pictures from your blog to my computer!

HeaddaMarie said...

That's all you have to say? That's all you have to say?? I FINALLY update my blog with pictures no less and that is ALL you have to say? Wow...I'm not posting anymore. :) Uhmm....I don't think I understand. Just right click & save.

Daisy said...

I love how you incorporated so many pictures into one for your blog! So smart! I just might steal your idea ;) Looks like you guys have had some fun times!

Blog Archive