So, for Izzy's birthday I have decided to make a Topsy Turvy cake. I have never made one before and thought maybe I should practice making one. So I did just that. So I googled how to make one and set to work. Of course I'm no professional so it wasn't going to turn out perfect but that was ok. I started this process I believe either last Thursday or Friday. I baked the cakes, I froze the cakes, I cut the cakes, froze them some more, put them together, put on a base layer of frosting, froze them some more. And then they stayed in the freezer frozen for a day or so. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the cake cause it wasn't going to be big enough for Izzy's actual birthday cake & I didn't want it to get freezer burn by the time her party came around. Come Sunday March 7th. Clark's brother called and told us we were invited to there house the next day for their son's birthday party. He is 2 days older then Izzy. Anyway, I had a brilliant idea..I would bring the cake!! They were fine with that so the next morning I took the cake out so I could frost it and so it could thaw!! It turned out pretty good! I was impressed. I knew then that I could do Izzy's birthday cake a topsy turvy cake!! I did it the frosting very simple, blue & green. However the food coloring I have is apparently pastels or bright or something. But I think it still looked great!


A few days ago Izzy approached me and told me she was cold. Now, you have to understand that this girl runs around in her diaper all the time. Even if I get her dressed in the morning, she will inevitably end up in just a diaper. So, it was a bit chilly & she told me she was cold. So I did what any normal mother would do...No, I did not go find her clothes and get her dressed myself...what were you thinking? Yes, I told her to go find some clothes and put them on herself. And she did. Now, what is funny to me is that she knows what shirts are and where they go, and she knows what pants are and where they go. Yet, she came in the living room with a shirt on backwards and a long sleeve black shirt on as her pants. She came up to me because she was having problems keeping the "top" of the pants up. Now, as any good mother would do, I immediately grabbed the camera and took pictures. The pictures don't do it justice! It was too cute & funny!


Now before you all comment asking the same thing...Yes, that is a raw hot dog in her hand. Yes, she was eating it that way. Why? Because she saw me eating one that way. So she wanted one. I went to cook it and she was having none of that, she wanted her's the same way I was. Now, before you all go crazy on me I don't usually eat hot dogs raw, in fact I RARELY do..that is UNLESS they are the Oscar Meyer Cheese Dogs...And ONLY then do I eat them raw. I am weird...I know! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment