A week of Valentine's or so it seemed.
The Tuesday before Valentine's Day our front door got "Heart Attacked". For those who aren't familiar with this term it is when someone cuts up a bunch of hearts and tapes them to a door, car or whatever they choose. Well, apparently this was what the YW were doing for their activity that night. They decorated cookies & cut out a bunch of hearts. They picked a few families in the ward who they wanted to "Heart Attack" and ours was one that was chosen. One of the YW texted me while they were decorating our door and told me to open the door and scream real loud...she wanted me to scare the other girls. I was curious as to what was going on so I looked out our peephole and saw what they were doing...and then of course I happily obliged...I scared the crap out of them! It was pretty funny! I am sure they didn't think so though. Anyway, I shut the door & let them finish. The cookies were delicious!! Thanks Mt Airey YW! You guys rock!! We have a screen door that they also decorated but for some reason the picture didn't go thru or something in my camera. So here is a picture of the door & the door mat.
The Tuesday before Valentine's Day our front door got "Heart Attacked". For those who aren't familiar with this term it is when someone cuts up a bunch of hearts and tapes them to a door, car or whatever they choose. Well, apparently this was what the YW were doing for their activity that night. They decorated cookies & cut out a bunch of hearts. They picked a few families in the ward who they wanted to "Heart Attack" and ours was one that was chosen. One of the YW texted me while they were decorating our door and told me to open the door and scream real loud...she wanted me to scare the other girls. I was curious as to what was going on so I looked out our peephole and saw what they were doing...and then of course I happily obliged...I scared the crap out of them! It was pretty funny! I am sure they didn't think so though. Anyway, I shut the door & let them finish. The cookies were delicious!! Thanks Mt Airey YW! You guys rock!! We have a screen door that they also decorated but for some reason the picture didn't go thru or something in my camera. So here is a picture of the door & the door mat.


CJ had a Valentines class party on the Friday before Valentines. They played a game, made homemade Valentines cards for their parents & decorated heart shaped delicious Granny B cookies! They had a blast. In Art class they decorated their own Valentines boxes. They drew a picture of what they wanted it to look like and then created it. CJ's was a monster. He did a great job! I didn't have my camera with me so I don't have any pictures of the party. But later on at home I took a picture of the box he created.
*(having problems uploading the pic from the camera,
once I do I will post it)
Valentines was on a Sunday this year so Saturday night while Clark was working the kids and I heart attacked his door. We cut out hearts & made some cards then put them all over his bedroom door. The kids loved it!
And then while they were asleep I made some more hearts to put on their doors!CJ's door
Izzy's door
Sunday morning we made pink chocolate chip heart shaped pancakes and bacon for breakfast. Actually, we made 1 heart shaped pancake cause they were kinda a pain to make. But the rest were still cute. We had Valentines plates, napkins & cups. And pink juice!
That afternoon we took the kids to the in-laws and they stayed the night while Clark & I went to the Hampton Inn in Orem to stay the night for free! We went to dinner at Macaroni Grill and just hung out. It was a nice evening out without the kids. Something we both needed. The next day we ran a few errands on our way home. We also went and finally bought Clark a Chargers hat & a Chargers decal for the suburban. We also got me some new workout shoes. They are so much better then the ones I had before!! And we got Wii Fit Plus!
It was a GREAT Valentines day!



No comments:
Post a Comment