Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My venting for the day!

Can I just say that painting bead board is not so much fun. Let me start from the beginning. This past Sunday my dad came out and put up the bead board and chair rail in Izzy's room. It is looking great! For those who don't know we are putting bead board up on the bottom part of Izzy's room along with chair rail and then paint it white and the paint the top part pink!! So cute it will be! So, I am thinking that we can get it primed Sunday night, get the white painted on Monday night and then paint the top part of the wall pink on Tuesday, right? Wrong! Clark wanted to use a sprayer to paint the bead board and chair rail, no big deal, right? Wrong again! We got the sprayer on Monday, everything is looking good, I figure I can get the painting all done Wednesday night. However, since we are using a sprayer we have to dilute the primer and paint, basically 50/50. We have to use primer because the bead board is real wood and not MDF. Still, no big deal. So, Monday night, after 3 coats, the primer is done!! Yay! Progress! Well, come tuesday night Clark starts on the white, once again it needs to be diluted. After 2 coats, it still looks like it has only been primed! So, I took it upon myself today to paint it with a brush and roller. I have been using the brush to basically paint the whole wall and then go over it with the roller. The reason why I am doing it this way is so that the paint gets into the indents where the "bead" is, or whatever you call it. And then I smooth it all over w/the roller as well as go over the chair rail. The roller we have kicks butt (thanks Mike) and does a great job on the bead board as well as the chair rail. So, doing it this way is time consuming, but so was doing it with the sprayer because Clark doesn't want to burn up the air compressor, especially since it is my dad's and we are borrowing it (thanks Dad). However, doing it the way I am will actually go faster because I don't have to dilute the paint. So, it has been a pain so far and hopefully it will all turn out! I am just wanting to get it done because I am going to pop any day now! 11 days left, but we think I will go sooner. Plus, I won't be home this weekend from Thursday afternoon until Sunday night, because I will be watching my sisters kids at her house. Which is no big deal. I was just hoping to have the room done by tonight at the latest. I am still hoping that it will be! If I can finish up with the white today then tonight we can start on the pink!! Don't worry, it is okay for me to be painting, as long as it is water-based and not oil based and as long as the room is well ventilated! Just thought I'd let those of you who are concerned about me painting know that it is okay. I will post some pictures later!

1 comment:

Miss Megan said...

Why does it always seem like those projects take waaayy longer than you intended them to? You're almost there, don't give up now! P.S. I keep waiting to see baby shower pics on here. Where are they?

Blog Archive