So, we cut CJ's hair last night, ok, not cut...shaved is more like it. We had been thinking about it for a while, well at least trimming it. He was so cute with his shaggy hair-do! I loved it! However, he HATES to wash his hair...he hates the soapy water running into his face. Anyway, last night I ran my hand up the back of his head and felt a bump...a bit weird...so I checked it out...a TICK was there...just on the surface...I got it off & killed it. Well, I decided to check the rest of his head, another one was a couple inches higher, this one was bigger and had already started "burrowing". NASTY!!! I called Clark into the bathroom and showed him. We got some tweezers and got the little bugger out...poor CJ, I guess it didn't feel too good. Well, apparently while they were up hiking in the foothills behind our house last Wednesday is when it all happened. Clark had seen a couple of ticks on his shoes, but didn't know what they were, up until last night. Clark and I decided that we needed to shave CJ's head, he didn't like to clean it or have us clean it and with summer approaching and the fact that he will be outside a lot led to the decision to shave it...that way, we won't have to "search" for any possible ticks on his head. He was quite upset over the fact that we were shaving his head...he just kept crying and saying " my hair"...it was soo sad! After all was said and done I gave him a sucker and asked if he liked his head shaved, his response.."like Uncle Ross", yes, his head is shaved like his Uncle Ross. This morning however, he woke up and said "my hair" again, upset. However, he is now ok with the fact that his head is shaved and tells everyone it is "like Uncle Ross". So now everything is once again peachy keen in the Stockton Household! Below are some pictures taken 2 weeks apart, the before & after.
Before the Shave:
Isn't he just the cutest?? I love his shaggy hair-do!!
Before the Shave:
Isn't he just the cutest?? I love his shaggy hair-do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment