So, I tried making bread...the recipe...from Bosch...called the FOOLPROOF BREAD RECIPE...ya...not so foolproof when I (the fool) am making it. Also, I do not have a bosch or kitchen aide to assist me in making this bread...like the recipe did...they used a bosch, I attempted it all by hand...oh, it did NOT work out so well. The loaves rose...but were flat. It is quite sad...so sad that I am not taking a picture of them to share...I am that saddened by it. So, I either A) Didn't use enough flour (but I followed the recipe and used what it said), or B) Didn't knead it long enough or whatever. I can't think of anything else. I make GREAT Cinnamon Rolls & 1/2 & 1/2 Bread(white & wheat), however with these I use the bread maker to mix the dough and let it rise. I just do the easy part, add the ingredients, plug in the bread maker, choose the right setting and hit start...when done...put the dough into bread pan, let rise then bake, or w/cinnamon rolls, roll the dough out and add the goodies and let rise then bake. THAT I CAN DO...that to me IS FOOLPROOF!! I really, really, really, REALLY want to learn how to make homemade bread...ALL BY HAND!! No breadmaker, no bosch or kitchen aide... ALL homemade from scratch by sweet little fool me! So, I think I am going to have to make it with someone who KNOWS what they are doing, and then go from there! So, if there is anyone out there who can give me some pointers or assistance as to what I MAY have done wrong or how I can do it better by hand w/out the assistance of a machine...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know!
So...this my friends is my sad tale of the day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment