Saturday, September 8, 2007

Fort Bridger 2007

Last weekend for Labor Day we went to the Fort Bridger Rendezvous, like we do every year. Here are a few pictures of our weekend! I love going and camping at the rendezvous. It's like taking a step back in time.

Below is our little setup. In the bottom left corner you can see part of the teepee that we now own. Next to that is my dad's pyramid tent. The BIG teepee in the middle of the picture is my sisters. To the right of that is the wall tent that we use as our "kitchen" and in front of that is the dining fly that we just hang out under and relax.

Here is CJ just hanging out.CJ and his Cousin Zach.
The building behind them and to the left is the school house and the milk house.
The school house is the room to the right, a very small 1 room school house, and the milk house is on the left.The 2 boys again in front of a covered wagon.
Here is Little Miss Izzy in her pretty dress with her new moccasins.
Thanks Grandpa Kurt for the mocs!And the pretty princess again.
She did not mind being in the grass or dirt.
In fact half, or should I say most of the time
she was crawling OFF the blanket and trying to eat the grass.
The "boys" of camp.

This is one of the old houses that they have there.
We took the kids around to look at them.
CJ, his cousins & 2 of his Aunts pose in front.
Here they all are in the inside of the house.
This house is my favorite! It was the officers quarters, I believe. It is so big and beautiful.
CJ, Izzy & I in front.This is the outhouse in the back of the house shown just above.Just walking...This is another officers building.This is the side of the general store and part of the barn/stable area.These are the stables. The one in the corner is the Pony Express Stable.
These are the stables. The one in the corner is the Pony Express Stable.
CJ & his Cousins.

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

Seriously, I think it is so awesome that your entire family gets into this. What a fun tradition to all share together! I wish my family was that passionate about something. I bet you guys do some yummy dutch oven cooking as well. Can't beat that!

Adam and Dani said...

I love the pictures! One of these days we'll get our own teepee and join the rest of the family. Maybe Fort Buenaventura or Nationals. Keep your fingers crossed. Miss you all!

Blog Archive