My sister Jessica bought a butter churner from Mecham Pottery this past weekend at the Fort Bridger Rendezvous.
Yesterday while I was at her house we decided to try it out. We got a pint of heavy whipping cream and away we went. We actually had to let the whipping cream sit out over night or for 3-4 hours. We decided on the 3-4 hours. We weren't so sure about letting it sit out over night, at least not just yet. It was awesome!! I am not a fan of butter, but I must say that I LOVED this homemade butter!! It was so yummy. Shortly after we finished making it we gave the kids a snack of bread & butter. They thought it was the coolest thing ever!! They all had a piece of bread with butter and wanted more. We also put some Yummy Dandelion Honey
Yesterday while I was at her house we decided to try it out. We got a pint of heavy whipping cream and away we went. We actually had to let the whipping cream sit out over night or for 3-4 hours. We decided on the 3-4 hours. We weren't so sure about letting it sit out over night, at least not just yet. It was awesome!! I am not a fan of butter, but I must say that I LOVED this homemade butter!! It was so yummy. Shortly after we finished making it we gave the kids a snack of bread & butter. They thought it was the coolest thing ever!! They all had a piece of bread with butter and wanted more. We also put some Yummy Dandelion Honey

1 comment:
Mom and I just ordered butter churns! Can't wait to try it out. Do you have Grandpa Preece's bread recipe? I would love to put my homemade butter and Orange Blossom honey on it!
Post a Comment