Friday the 30th of May was the last day of school! CJ is officially done with kindergarten and moving on to the 1st grade. It was an hour and a half full of slightly organized chaotic fun. And he loved every minute of it. A couple of the other mom's and myself put on a Luau Party for the kids. They made fruit loop & paper flower leis, they had grass skirts, did the limbo, played pin the coconut on the palm tree, decorated a quilt for their teacher, and had the absolute cutest cupcakes ever along with some tiki punch! CJ's friend Emilee's mom made the cupcakes! She is so talented and crafty! They turned out super cute!The party turned out great and all the kids had a blast!! We also had some luau music playing and the kids were so cute trying to do the hula. Every day he asks if he is going to school and I tell him no that school is over until the fall. I think he will be pretty bummed to find out not every one will be in his class next year. There are a few of them that will be in the same class. Unfortunately his favorite friend Emilee won't be. He will definitely be sad about that. Luckily his teachers made a cute little phone book with pictures of all his friends and their phone numbers so he can call them this summer. I've also talked to a few of the mom's about getting together for play dates. I can't believe my little man is going to be a 1st grader now! How time flies!
CJ w/Mrs. Leonard

CJ & Ms. Ange

CJ & Mrs. Janet

In his luau outfit.

Making his lei. Concentrating quite hard.

Doing the "limbo"

Izzy even joined in.

Pin the Coconut on the Palm Tree

Decorating his sqaure for the quilt.

Mrs. Leonard & her quilt

CJ & Emilee

THE CUTEST CUPCAKES EVER!!
Cheri used runts for the fruit. A banana on the top one and pineapples on the bottom ones. I didn't know that they had pineapple runts now.


Izzy having fun climbing on the chairs that are just her right size.


And playing with the monkey.

CJ didn't ride the bus to school that morning since I was going. And he didn't ride it home. Luckily is am driver was also taking the kids home so I got a picture of him with her.

CJ & Linda

A couple more months and we will be starting all over again. Only this time it will be a full day of school. I am not sure how he is going to handle that. He won't be going to the same school, he will be going to another school that is in Lehi. They have what they call a Learning Disability Class. He is still delayed in some area's and this class will help him. So, he will once again be riding the bus. I imagine he will be leaving much earlier then normal, which will only add to his day. I'm a bit worried about him but at the same time I think he will be fine. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
No comments:
Post a Comment