This year the first week in June was Pony Express Days. Friday morning we went to the Carnival. It was nice cause there weren't many people there which meant NO lines for the rides. The kids had a blast! Even Izzy rode on a few. She got mad when we had to take her off. There were some booths that we also checked out and I got myself the cutest shoes from Sole Desires!! I think I may have a shoe party this fall!! Way cute! And good prices too! That night we went to a movie in the park, Horton Hears a Who...I didn't take my camera therefore no pix. It was so cold. Everyone was told that it would be at 8...but I should have known better. A movie in the park can not start until it is dark. We got there just after 8...and waited for an hour and a half until the movie started around 9:30. Note to self: If there is a movie in the park...don't go when they say it starts, unless that time is when it gets dark, otherwise go just before it gets dark. It is at a park there WILL BE seating available!! Had we gotten there just before it started we would have had the same seats. Next time we know. Bring LOTS of blankets..especially if you have little kids!! It was so cold!!!! Saturday morning we woke up and headed over to the parade. Of course CJ had fun getting the candy that was thrown out and Izzy enjoyed it and waved as the floats went by. Right after the parade I headed to the downtown PG park for my Pleasant Grove High School c/o 98 HS reunion day activity. They had a get together at the park for everyone so we could bring our kids. It's always fun to see kids of the people you grew up with. That night was the dinner for the adults but we didn't go cause we went to the concert for Pony Express Days-Triple Threat. It included, Little Texas, BlackHawk and Restless Heart!! We went because one of our first real dates was a BlackHawk concert at the AF Steel Days back in 2000. Then a few years ago when they were here for Pony Express Days we went again...so of course we went this year. I must say I was a bit disappointed in BlackHawk. Only 1 of the guys is original to the band...there sounds was different and wasn't as good as i remembered. But all in all it was a fun night out without the kids. After the concert there were fireworks. It of course was freezing again and I thought I was prepared...once again I wasn't. It was a fun weekend!! Here are some pix from the Carnival & Parade. I didn't have my camera for the movie or the concert.

6 comments:
So funny. We went to Pony Express days, and saw the movie and the parade. My sister lives at the condo's that are on the NW corner where the Chevron is.
How funny. So she lives in Willow Springs. We live in the condos just across the street. What a small world!!
Remember Strawberry Days in PG?
Of course I do!! It is this week. Next week is the Lehi Round-Up Days!
Hey- I need you to teach me how to post pictures like that. It's so nice.
That was fun to see you and the kiddos at the park. We missed you in the evening, but it sounds like you made memories too. :o) Your pictures are cute!
Post a Comment