Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tutu...

So, I got a bit ambitious and crafty! I made my sweet little princess a tutu! A sparkly pink & white tutu! It isn't exactly how I was expecting it to turn out but I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! I haven't had a chance to put it on her and take pictures cause I finished about a half hour or so ago and she was already in bed. However, once I do put it on her I will be sure to take pictures and post. For now, you have this. Sorry the picture didn't turn out all that great. Next project: Hair Clip Flower thingys!
Ya like the technical term I use? :)

EDIT: I forgot to add this in before but one of the places where I found how to make the tutu was from Plumtickled. I googled homemade tutu, how to make a tutu...everything and anything I could. I found quite a few sites but I think I liked her's best. So, if you want to see how to make one..VERY EASY, just click on the link. Here are a few more you can check out:
E-How No-Sew Tutu, Feathers In My Nest, & Go Photography.
Enjoy!! And Happy Tutu Making!!

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

that is so adorable! I'm very impressed! I seriously need to learn how to sew!

Unknown said...

Way cute Heather...we need to get together and open our own store!

Lindsey said...

Very cute. Good for you.

HeaddaMarie said...

Liz-I too need to learn how to sew! The only sewing I did was sewing the elastic waistband together, the rest had nothing to do with sewing!! It is soo easy to make!!
Beckie-Sounds like a plan!! Between the 2 of us we can come up with more ideas to put in the store as well!

Amanda&Wade said...

I love it! How did you do it, cause I have been dying to make one for Kamree!! Also, the clips.. darling. One more thing... how did you get under your friends names.. when they last updated? I want that on mine.

Matt and Stephanie said...

You must tell me how to make one, or let me send you some money to make one for Alyson. We are going to be matching ballerina's for your mom's halloween party. Can you make me one too?

Earl & Girls said...

I love the tutu. You'll have to give me either directions or I could pay you to make Nadya one(let me know what it would cost). I also wanted to say that Rachel Hood is a friend of Earl's from high school and he is also related to her.

Blog Archive