Saturday, November 29, 2008
My Black Friday
I usually go out with the in-laws on Black Friday, I am one of those crazy woman who get up early early...I'm just not THAT crazy! The last couple of years we haven't really gone. :( Kinda sad, I actually look forward to it. It is also hard to go cause Clark always works that day and I don't have anyone to watch the kids. Well, yesterday was no different. There was one thing that I have been looking for, for Izzy but haven't found it and then it turns out it is on sale..at Walmart of all places. Well, I was not about to get up at the butt crack of dawn with 2 kids to fight all the other crazy woman at Walmart. I just figured I would get up around 8 and head out. I didn't leave until 9ish. I stopped to meet Clark at Walgreens where he was working and then went and picked him up some lunch, and then headed to Walmart. When I got back to the toys I asked a lady who worked there if this certain item was gone, she said yes, it must be cause she doesn't see them but only a few minutes before there was a bunch. Not surprised...I wasn't completely expecting it to be there...but I was a bit irritated cause had I not stopped to meet up with Clark and get him lunch I would have been there 30 minutes earlier..which means said item would have been there. Also, I wasn't sure how I was going to hide this item from the kids seeing as it was a present from Santa. Now, I was going into town any way to go pick up our Christmas cards from Costco, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I had thought about going to Target and a few other stores but decided not to. I was frustrated and didn't want to deal with it anymore. So back home I headed. Then I thought, hey I can order it online! So I got home and it was a quarter after 11...I didn't think I would be able to order it for the sale price since the sale ended at 11, but I did! I didn't actually submit the order until 11:45ish, was waiting to get the card number from Clark. Anyway, that was SOOO much easier then going into the store!! And the kids won't ever see the item until Christmas day!! I could have had it shipped to the store which would have been free shipping and it would have arrived between December 10th & the 15th. Which isn't bad, I just didn't want to have to deal with it, so I had it sent to the house, which shipping was ONLY $1.97!!! That is what it would have cost to go down to Walmart and get it! Yes, I go down there often but this is just easier and I won't have to deal with stupid people! Plus it will be here between December 4th & the 8th!! So I will get it sooner! Yay! So that is my Black Friday story. Yes, I am bummed that we didn't get up at 4am and go hit all the stores like we normally do, maybe next year....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So....what was it? I will be doing a lot of shopping online this year. It is worth the shipping price I think, and if you spend a little time surfing the web you can find shipping coupons here and there. Happy shopping!!!
Hey it's me Erin Summerill. anyway, I totally stalk your blog and I didn't ever think of even shopping online! That is awesome.
Post a Comment