My sister Dani keeps calling & whining about how I haven't blogged lately or haven't put up pictures from Easter weekend at the Mountain Man Rendezvous. I guess now is as good as time as any.
Every Easter weekend we go to Fort Buenaventura in Ogden, Utah. This year was no different. We headed up Thursday morning and set everything up and relaxed that evening. It was a pretty cold that first night but the following nights weren't as bad. Friday was the first full day. The kids ran around and enjoyed themselves. We always camp right by the river and the children love to throw rocks into the river, but then again, what child doesn't? There was an area right next to us that I think had grass but had TONS of leaves. The kids had a blast playing in the leaves and burying one another. They had candy cannons for the kids through out the weekend & on Sunday they had an Easter egg hunt (if that's what you can really call it). The Easter bunny also came and left them goodies. We ended up coming home Sunday night instead of on Monday but we still had a good time. My Dad was up there along with my sister Jessica & her family & my brother James & his family. It was a blast as always!
Here are the girls playing in the leaves. That mound of leaves in between Lauren & Izzy is Elizabeth. They enjoyed burying each other underneath them.
Izzy & Elizabeth playing.
They have a love/hate relationship. They are a year apart.
Elizabeth, Izzy & Kayden playing.
CJ w/his cool mohawk...that was SUPPOSED to be shaved off when we got back...yet it is Friday, 5 days later & it is still there. It WILL be gone by the time school starts on Monday!
CJ & Kayden
Clark chopping firewood...this is the man's job!
My brother & sister: James & Jessica
My sister-in-law Becky, James' wife, & their little boy Gavin.
Isn't he a cutie?
Easter Morning~ Baskets & Egg Hunt
I didn't get pictures of CJ getting the eggs, I only managed to get one of him & Zach just before the "hunt".
Here are the girls playing in the leaves. That mound of leaves in between Lauren & Izzy is Elizabeth. They enjoyed burying each other underneath them.
They have a love/hate relationship. They are a year apart.
Isn't he a cutie?
I didn't get pictures of CJ getting the eggs, I only managed to get one of him & Zach just before the "hunt".

The Girls after the Egg Hunt


6 comments:
Yay! I love it! Thank you so much! One of these years I will make it...
Love Love Love the pics of your dad and Izzy!!!
Looks like so much fun! What a special thing to look forward to every year.
I've never heard of Mountain Man Rendezvous. It looks like it was a blast!
Those are such great pics. I love them all. I have the cutest grandkids in the world.
love mom
Still waiting for a new post....
Post a Comment