I realize that this post is the looooooongest post in the history of long posts, but I guess that is what happens when you don't post for months. So to make it not TOO boring I have pictures throughout the post...beside, whats a post without pictures, right? I am mad at myself cause I got NO pictures with or my Grandma or any pictures with myMom!! I guess I will just have to go out again this year. Except this time I will take the kids so they can see their Great Grandma & their Maime Donna.
My Auntie Joanne came up to Utah at the end of September to drop my cousin Douglas off at the MTC. I rode home with her to Mesa, AZ. We left on Thursday October 1st and drove all day. We stopped in Flagstaff on the way and met up with my 2 sisters, Dani & Chantelle for lunch. I stayed in Mesa until Monday the 5th. Friday the 2nd I spent the day with my Aunt and Grandma. I stayed Friday night at my Grandma's house. It was very enjoyable. One day I went with my cousin Stephanie shopping. We just went where ever we felt like. We went to go to Bass Pro Shop, I mostly went to make Clark jealous! lol It was pretty cool. I also went to a late movie one night with my cousin Brian. It was nice not having to worry about finding a babysitter.
Here are some pictures of the Bass Pro Shop

While I was there I went to the cemetery to visit some family burried there.
This is where my Grandpa Preece is buried. He passed away just last year in February.

I was supposed to fly out to my mom's on Sunday evening around 4ish. However the flight was delayed an hour, then another hour, then another and another then around 9ish it was cancelled!! I wasn't too worried...I knew I would get there eventually! Well, the airline put us up in a hotel for the night, shuttled us to the hotel as well. By then I was STARVING!! One of the ladies that was on the same flight went with me next door to IHOP to get some dinner...a later dinner. Luckily it was right next door. Cause there was nothing else nearby. Anyway, I woke up early the next morning to make sure I made it down stairs on time for the shuttle...apparently I hit snooze one too many times and woke up about 10 minutes before the shuttle was to arrive. So I got dressed quickly made sure I had everything and booked it downstairs. Just a couple minutes later the shuttle arrived. The lady that I had gone to dinner with told me that she would have come up and gotten me had I not come down in time. So, that was a good thing. The flight that morning was delayed about an hour...but ONLY that...no other problems. The flight was quick & nice. I finally made it to my moms! Yay!!
Here are some pictures I took out the window of the plane. I thought they were pretty cool. The plane from Phoenix to Show Low is very small. It's a little commuter plane. There is 1 very small aisle and 1 row of seats on each side. You get the both of both worlds, both a window & an aisle seat!! The views out the window are amazing!! You can also see right into the cockpit, that is if the door thingy isn't shut. It's pretty cool. I much rather fly on this plane then one of the huge ones!!

I believe this picture was taken before I landed in Show Low.

I was so excited! I got to spend a whole week with her all by myself!! I didn't have to share her!! Except of course with Doug, but it's all good. We went shopping to antique stores ate out at a few yummy yummy places and just enjoyed ourselves! It was so nice! Something I most defintiely needed!! I even played as a sub for bunco while out there! We made and decorated Halloween cookies. I even helped her make bread one day!! It was nice and relaxing!! I could go to bed late, sleep in late, and not have to worry about a thing. No kids or no husband to take care of. The kids enjoyed having Clark home every day all day. I think this was a much needed break for all of us.
Here is Doug & I eating breakfast one morning.
Yummy Taro pancakes, bacon & young coconut milk to drink. The white thing is the young coconut. Doug drilled a hole thru the shell and then ya stick a straw in it & drink away! DELISH!

Here are our pretty cookies we made! I bought the Boo cookie cutter while there...I had seen it before at the store at home, but couldn't pass it up this time since that is what my Mom called me when I was little. I also bought a pack of cookie cutters that had a skeleton head, tombstone & cat. We made all but the cat. And the skeleton head didn't look like a skeleton head when brought out of the oven so we just created our own faces. It was fun.
Mom making the cookies.

My Mom's creations

My creations

While making cookies Britches came in the house carrying what we thought was a dead bird. For the whole story click here. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the cats. Britches & Luin.
Luin is the black cat on the floor.
Britches (Daphne) is the one on the chair peering up at the bird.

Luin is on the chair now looking at the bird. If you look closely at the picture in hte greenery there is a bird.
Since I got the cats I had to of course get a picture of Doug's boy, Toby. He is a sweet dog who loves to run & play. I would sit out on the porch swing out back and throw his ball for him over and over...until the slobber got to be too much.

Here is the delicious bread we made.

Here are some pictures of the Bass Pro Shop

While I was there I went to the cemetery to visit some family burried there.
This is where my Grandpa Preece is buried. He passed away just last year in February.

I was supposed to fly out to my mom's on Sunday evening around 4ish. However the flight was delayed an hour, then another hour, then another and another then around 9ish it was cancelled!! I wasn't too worried...I knew I would get there eventually! Well, the airline put us up in a hotel for the night, shuttled us to the hotel as well. By then I was STARVING!! One of the ladies that was on the same flight went with me next door to IHOP to get some dinner...a later dinner. Luckily it was right next door. Cause there was nothing else nearby. Anyway, I woke up early the next morning to make sure I made it down stairs on time for the shuttle...apparently I hit snooze one too many times and woke up about 10 minutes before the shuttle was to arrive. So I got dressed quickly made sure I had everything and booked it downstairs. Just a couple minutes later the shuttle arrived. The lady that I had gone to dinner with told me that she would have come up and gotten me had I not come down in time. So, that was a good thing. The flight that morning was delayed about an hour...but ONLY that...no other problems. The flight was quick & nice. I finally made it to my moms! Yay!!
Here are some pictures I took out the window of the plane. I thought they were pretty cool. The plane from Phoenix to Show Low is very small. It's a little commuter plane. There is 1 very small aisle and 1 row of seats on each side. You get the both of both worlds, both a window & an aisle seat!! The views out the window are amazing!! You can also see right into the cockpit, that is if the door thingy isn't shut. It's pretty cool. I much rather fly on this plane then one of the huge ones!!

I believe this picture was taken before I landed in Show Low.
I was so excited! I got to spend a whole week with her all by myself!! I didn't have to share her!! Except of course with Doug, but it's all good. We went shopping to antique stores ate out at a few yummy yummy places and just enjoyed ourselves! It was so nice! Something I most defintiely needed!! I even played as a sub for bunco while out there! We made and decorated Halloween cookies. I even helped her make bread one day!! It was nice and relaxing!! I could go to bed late, sleep in late, and not have to worry about a thing. No kids or no husband to take care of. The kids enjoyed having Clark home every day all day. I think this was a much needed break for all of us.
Here is Doug & I eating breakfast one morning.
Yummy Taro pancakes, bacon & young coconut milk to drink. The white thing is the young coconut. Doug drilled a hole thru the shell and then ya stick a straw in it & drink away! DELISH!

Here are our pretty cookies we made! I bought the Boo cookie cutter while there...I had seen it before at the store at home, but couldn't pass it up this time since that is what my Mom called me when I was little. I also bought a pack of cookie cutters that had a skeleton head, tombstone & cat. We made all but the cat. And the skeleton head didn't look like a skeleton head when brought out of the oven so we just created our own faces. It was fun.
Mom making the cookies.

My Mom's creations

My creations

While making cookies Britches came in the house carrying what we thought was a dead bird. For the whole story click here. Anyway, here are a few pictures of the cats. Britches & Luin.
Luin is the black cat on the floor.
Britches (Daphne) is the one on the chair peering up at the bird.

Luin is on the chair now looking at the bird. If you look closely at the picture in hte greenery there is a bird.

Since I got the cats I had to of course get a picture of Doug's boy, Toby. He is a sweet dog who loves to run & play. I would sit out on the porch swing out back and throw his ball for him over and over...until the slobber got to be too much.

Here is the delicious bread we made.


One day we went for a drive. It is so beautiful up there!! Here are some pictures from our drive. My mom actually took these pictures.





This was an old shack or something. I think it looks pretty cool.



I was planning on flying home the following Monday, the 12th of October. I would fly out on the first flight from Show Low to Phoenix, then from Phoenix I would catch a flight to SLC. I made sure that there was at least 4 hours between flights so that I could go from one terminal to the next and get thru security and have plenty of time before my flight home. Well, Sunday night I got a call from the airline. My flight had been canceled. They could put me on a later flight or reimburse me for that leg of the flight! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Now I was stressing cause I had another flight to catch to get home!!! I couldn't go on a later flight there wouldn't be enough time to get from one terminal to the next through security and boarded before the flight left. So I told her I would call her back. I decided to call and see if I could change my other flight to a later time. No such luck, unless I wanted to pay for a whole other flight. I talked to my Step Dad Doug & he told me that he would drive me down to the valley, which is about a 3 hour drive. I called the airlines and had then reimburse me for that leg of the flight and then called the other airline to make sure that I was still booked and ready to go from Phoenix to SLC. Everything was good to go. Doug went to work early early in the morning. My mom took me to where he was working and when he was finished we left. We got there in plenty of time!! He even took me to lunch at In-N-Out. YUMMY!! I made it home...obviously!! I still enjoyed my vacation very much despite the problems I ran into. The kids were happy to see me. However, there have been a few times since then that CJ has told me that he wants me to leave. He told me to pack my bags and go to my mom's or grandma's so that Dad can stay home with them. Apparently they had quite a bit of fun. Izzy became extremely attached to Clark. She was a daddy's girl before I left but when I came home it was even more evident that she was a MAJOR daddy's girl!















No comments:
Post a Comment