I decided that when CJ turned 7 I wanted him to start Cub Scouts. Our church doesn't start them in scouts until they turn 8. At that point they start out as a Wolf. I wanted him to start out as a Tiger so I found a Pack located in Pleasant Grove that has a Tiger Den. So, I signed him up and started just after his 7th birthday! He is loving it! He is learning the Cub Scout Promise, Law, Motto, Sign, Handshake and Salute. As a Tiger Cub you have an adult partner that goes with you to all your Den meetings and participates as well. Izzy usually ends up going with us since it is right after karate. He is enjoying it and so am I. Since I am no longer a Wolf Den Leader in my ward I still get to participate in all the fun parts of it, no more planning for the weekly den meetings. Although, as parents we are in charge of taking turns each month to be in charge of the den meetings. I think I can handle that! At first he had just a Class B uniform, which is just an orange t-shirt with a tiger on it. He was so excited when I got him his own Cub Scout uniform! (I got it big so that it will fit him for a couple of years, seeing as they are a bit pricey). At his first pack meeting they presented him with his Tiger Cub neckerchief & his Immediate recognition patch & a few beads for things he had already passed off!! He was so excited! Now as I think about it he only has 7 more months until he turns 8 and not only moves on to the Wolf den but also gets babptized!! Where has my little boy gone?? He is growing up into a little man! I am so proud of him and his hard work!
Here we are at his first Pack Meeting.
Izzy of course had to be in the picture too.
Here we are at his first Pack Meeting.
Izzy of course had to be in the picture too.

No comments:
Post a Comment