I know I am a couple months late on this post but that is ok...I am finally, hopefully out of my blogging funk and now playing catch-up!
The Tuesday before Halloween our ward did their Trunk or Treat/Chili Cook-Off. We all went dressed up. And of course I didn't really get any pictures...except for one of CJ & one of Clark. I did however have Clark take a picture of me when we got home cause I must say...I was pretty impressed with myself! They ended up doing the trunk or treat inside cause it was bad weather outside & it ended up snowing!!
CJ obviously dressed as Batman
The Tuesday before Halloween our ward did their Trunk or Treat/Chili Cook-Off. We all went dressed up. And of course I didn't really get any pictures...except for one of CJ & one of Clark. I did however have Clark take a picture of me when we got home cause I must say...I was pretty impressed with myself! They ended up doing the trunk or treat inside cause it was bad weather outside & it ended up snowing!!
CJ obviously dressed as Batman

Clark as the Grim Reaper...without his mask

Me as Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas
(Thanks Mom for letting me borrow the outfit, yes I still need to send it back).
(Thanks Mom for letting me borrow the outfit, yes I still need to send it back).

On Halloween Clark and I took the kids trick of treating around the neighborhood. Just Clark and the kids dressed up this time. We only went around the condos...just a few per each building and the kids still made out with tons of yummy candy!!
Here is Clark's full ensemble as the Grim Reaper

CJ wanted me to make a pinata and so did I so we decided to have a little party with the neighbor kids that live in our building. We were going to do it in the late morning or afternoon on Halloween but a couple of us different parents had funerals to attend that day. So then we were thinking later that evening after trick or treating...but it didn't work out. So we just decided to do it on the following Monday..Nov. 2nd...we figured it was still close enough to Halloween that it wasn't such a big deal. And the kids LOVED it!! And I must say so myself that the pinata turned out WAAAY CUTE!! (I did borrow the idea from one that my mom made years ago, you can see it here...my sister Chantelle painted the face on theirs...and I thought it was cute so I copied it!!)
At the party they played Pin the Nose on the Jackolantern, decorated some foam pumpkins by putting sticker faces on them, decorated sugar cookies and of course the pinata. Their treat to eat was the cookies they decorated along with some root beer to drink. It was nice cause we had the parents of the kids there to help out...the kids all got a turn at the pinata and so did all the parents!! It was fun!!
Here is CJ decorating his pumpkins.
Here is Clark's full ensemble as the Grim Reaper

Here is Izzy dressed as Little Bo Peep
You can see CJ poking is head out from behind her.
She went with Clark up to the Halloween shop my sister April was managing...April said she tried on tons of different princess costumes on her but this is the one she wanted...because of the "weapon" I mean, shepherds hook. My sister Jessica says it fits her perfectly..all pink and girly, and then there's her weapon.

Family Shot
Izzy, Clark & CJ

You can see CJ poking is head out from behind her.
She went with Clark up to the Halloween shop my sister April was managing...April said she tried on tons of different princess costumes on her but this is the one she wanted...because of the "weapon" I mean, shepherds hook. My sister Jessica says it fits her perfectly..all pink and girly, and then there's her weapon.

Family Shot
Izzy, Clark & CJ

CJ wanted me to make a pinata and so did I so we decided to have a little party with the neighbor kids that live in our building. We were going to do it in the late morning or afternoon on Halloween but a couple of us different parents had funerals to attend that day. So then we were thinking later that evening after trick or treating...but it didn't work out. So we just decided to do it on the following Monday..Nov. 2nd...we figured it was still close enough to Halloween that it wasn't such a big deal. And the kids LOVED it!! And I must say so myself that the pinata turned out WAAAY CUTE!! (I did borrow the idea from one that my mom made years ago, you can see it here...my sister Chantelle painted the face on theirs...and I thought it was cute so I copied it!!)
At the party they played Pin the Nose on the Jackolantern, decorated some foam pumpkins by putting sticker faces on them, decorated sugar cookies and of course the pinata. Their treat to eat was the cookies they decorated along with some root beer to drink. It was nice cause we had the parents of the kids there to help out...the kids all got a turn at the pinata and so did all the parents!! It was fun!!
Here is CJ decorating his pumpkins.

Even us parents got in on the action
(You can see behind me the jackolantern & it's many noses from the kids)

Clark too

All the kids going after the candy & prizes

Group Shot of the kiddos
(You can see behind me the jackolantern & it's many noses from the kids)

Clark too

All the kids going after the candy & prizes

Group Shot of the kiddos

And of course my masterpiece...Pretty sweet huh??



No comments:
Post a Comment