On Memorial Day weekend the kids and I went camping to Palisade State Park with my friend Audra & her family, her extended family & friends, etc, etc. Clark had to work and didn't come up until Sunday. Anyway, we went up on Thursday after school. Those first 2 days were so windy! In fact on Friday (I think) while I was visiting with Audra in her trailer the wind pushed my tent over causing a couple of the poles to snap!! Mind you, this was a brand new tent that we bought earlier that year and this was the first time it had been used. Audra & I being the awesome women we are borrowed some duct tape from her neice and taped the poles like crazy and secured them with twigs to help keep them straight. For the most part they held up with a bit of bending. (Don't worry when I got home we took the tent back, and ended up getting some awesome new camping chairs..mostly cause we got a totally sweet new tent from Cal Ranch). The rest of the time the weather was nice and decided to take a break from further destroying the poor tent.
This is Audra & I trying to save the tent. We ended up taking everything out & putting it in the suburban & her trailer & taking the tent completely down. We ended up putting it back up that night and we were good to go the rest of the time..thank goodness!!
That weekend happened to be the weekend of Ephraim's Scandanavian Festival, which it is actually held every Memorial Day weekend. Saturday morning we went to the parade & the festival. The kids had a lot of fun.

Sunday was an incredibily nice day! The kids played in the water while I sat back & watched. They had a blast trying to catch little fish (top right pic) and at one time a leech (bottom left pic) was caught, I believe Audra's daughter Elise caught it. They had a blast playing in the water, building sand castles, and cakes. It was nice to just sit back & relax.

Some of the people we were camping with rented a paddle boat for the day & CJ got to go for a ride with his friend Brady & his dad Nate (which is Audra's husband & son).
One of the girls that was there does glitter toes, so all the gals gathered together under some shade and got all our toes done up.
Half the Girls
And the other half
Audra & her family, her sisters family & their friends, etc, etc. go every Memorial Day Weekend. This year I was lucky enough to be invited to go. I had such a good time. And apparently I am cool enough to be invited back next year, and if they are still willing to have me & my crazy kids I will definitely be there! Thanks for such a great weekend!! We had a blast!!
BTW, this has got to be the COOLEST campground EVER!! They have bathrooms & showers (very very nice), water, playground, places to ride your bikes, a golf course (not that I play golf or anything), a lake where you can fish (no motorized boats though), a "beach" area, and lots of grassy areas to play, places to hike, not far from town...it's AWESOME! In fact, we ended up going camping there again in July w/some other friends!
1 comment:
Of course you're invited back! It was LOTS of fun!
Post a Comment