Sorry no pics..I did have my camera but didn't take any pics. This is my story of my crazy Black Friday Shopping day!! I think this year I have officially become "one of those crazies", not because of me but because of my sister. My sister & I and her friend were planning on Black Friday Shopping. We decided to meet at Kohls at 2:30 since it opened at 3. My sister and I were talking online around 10:30 and I told her I was probably going to stay up and go to Walmart, whose sales started at midnight. She told me she was going to bed. A little while later she got back online and decided she too was going to go to Walmart. So, while we waited we cleaned. We met up at Walmart just after 11:30. We did get everything we wanted so all was good. We decided to go Old Navy to check things out...that place was PACKED!!! The line was outrageous! So we left, we decided to check out the other Walmart in AF. We didn't stay very long. I wasn't planning on getting anything at Kohls but Jess and her friend were. However, the item Jess really wanted was at Target and the line there was getting VERY long, so we decided to go get in line at Target at 1 in the morning (Target did not open until 4) and just go to Kohls later. Yes, we sat out in the cold (most of the time) for 3 hours!!! However, we got what we wanted...for the most part. The main thing Jess was there for she got...I guess it was worth being in the cold for 3 hours! When we first got there I went and got my huge jean blanket out of my car and bundled up...it kept me warm!! Jess's phone was dying so she went to her car to charge it...while having the nice warm heater on, while I kept our place in line. At one point some guys were going down the line giving people hot chocolate for free. I figured, why not? I burned my tongue..I took my gloves off and stuck my finger in the HC to see how hot it was..didn't feel that hot so I took a drink...bad idea...sticking a cold finger into a cup of hot chocolate doesn't let you get a feel for the real temperature causing one to burn ones tongue! When Jess was done charging her phone she came back out and after while I went and sat in the nice warm car. We took a couple more turns throughout the night. At 3:30 (i think) we had to be back in line or they would send us to the back of the line. So we took the blanket back to the car got in one last turn with the heater then it was back in line for a half hour. It was the longest half hour EVER!!! It was fun, we got what we wanted, we had a good time, we froze..would I do it again...probably. So, while I was in Target looking for one last thing I get a call from Clark. He had left his backpack in the suburban so at one point in the night I texted him letting him know it was in the suburban and on his way to work he needed to stop and pick it up. However, the call I got was him letting me know that his keys were in the backpack, along with the spare key. So, I handed my stuff off to Jess who was already in line and gave her my $$ and headed home to get Clark his keys. As soon as that was done I headed back to Target. I got there just as Jess was checking out. We then decided to go to Kohls. By now it had died down and the items that Jess & her friend were planning on getting there were still there, and I even found a couple things to get. We then went to Starbucks to get some yummy hot chocolate...I didn't burn my tongue this time. :) Then we went to Walmart in AF..got a couple more things, then on to Bed Bath & Beyond, at this point I was EXHAUSTED!! I had been up for 24 hours!! I woke up the day before around 5ish and because I never went to bed cause I went to Walmart at midnight I was running on no sleep. After BB&B I was ready to go home. It was all I could do to stay awake. I went home and crashed!!! I can't remember how long I slept but at some point I dragged myself out of bed to go pick the kids up at the in-laws. They stayed had stayed the night so I wouldn't have to drop them off at 2 in the morning. It was a fun & crazy day! Got the majority of my Christmas shopping done!! And, I will probably do it again next year!!!
2 comments:
Wow. Well more power to you. Ben got me to go Black Friday shopping the first year we were married and I swore I would never do it again! And it wasn't nearly as busy as yours was. Glad you had a good time! Merry Christmas!
Holy cow! You ARE one of the crazies! Haha! I did Black Friday once & swore I would never do it again! :)
Post a Comment