Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pony Express Days 2010

I took the kids to the Health & Safety Fair (i think that's what it was) during Pony Express Days, they had booths, different activities & different animals. I only got pictures of the kids with the animals though.

There was a cool fox...though the kids didn't get to pet it.
Izzy checking out the turtle...or is it a tortoise??
CJ with the turtle/tortoise (I really don't know the difference)
Izzy with some bird
CJ holding the bird



And of course there is the Parade, who could forget the parade? This year we were in it. My Mother-in-law is the District Commissioner for the Pony Express District in the BSA. There were supposed to be a bunch of people in the parade that weren't and me & the kids ended up in it with her and a few others. I didn't mind at all & the kids loved it!

Me & CJ
(ignore the fact that he is saluting with the wrong hand)


Miss Izzy
 
Mister CJ

They threw out otter pops (we need to triple the amount next time) and candy. They had a blast.

Just Chillin'
(I thought this was too cute)


Unfortunately for the kids we didn't go to the Carnival. However I did go with my friend Audra to the boutique (?) that they had set up at the park. I found me some cute new jewelry and a couple new flowers for Izzy's hair. I think next year we will plan ahead and take the kids to the carnival. They always enjoy it and I figure it's one of the few fun things we do in the summer that doesn't cost mucho mucho moola! Looking forward to the 2011 Pony Express Days!!


We were also in the parade for Saratoga Splash. As much fun as the kids had fun being in the parade I think I'd rather watch the parade.

CJ handing out miniature Boys Life Magazines.
He walked most of this parade. He did such a good job!


Izzy hanging out on the trailer enjoying her sucker.

No comments:

Blog Archive